Looking to clean up your gutters but not sure where to start? Read our post & let us know if you need help or have any questions about guttering.
How Clean Your Gutters Like a Pro
Looking to clean up your gutters but not sure where to start? Read our post and let us know if you need help or have any questions about gutter cleaning, repairs, restoration or installation.
- Begin by inspecting your gutters to see if they need to be repaired. If you see any cracks or holes, then you will need to repair them.
- To repair cracks or holes in your gutters, you will need to use a sealant. Apply the sealant to the affected areas and allow it to dry.
- Once the sealant has dried, you will need to apply a coat of paint to the area to match the rest of the gutter.
- Allow the paint to dry and then inspect the gutters again to make sure they are repaired properly.
- If you see any further damage, then you may need to replace the damaged section of the gutter.
- Once you have repaired or replaced the damaged gutters, you should inspect the downspouts to ensure they are clear and free of debris.
- If the downspouts are clogged, you will need to clear them out so that water can flow freely through them.
- After you have repaired or replaced the gutters and downspouts, you should then test them by running a hose through them.
- If everything is working correctly, then you have successfully repaired your gutters.